Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Cross Training

Sharon has been after me for years to do some cross training. I am in a mode where I run 5 to 6 days a week and she has expressed concern that some part of my body is eventually going to break down.

After watching the Tour de France, Sharon was motivated to buy a new bike and start riding more. Coming off vacation, I figured I would try to ride my bike once a week. I dusted off my bike, bought a helmet and went out early this morning. I rode a little more 19 miles in 68 1/2 minutes, a little less than 17 miles an hour. This is three laps around one of my running courses and has two little hills in the middle of each lap. While I do not feel that I worked as hard as if I had run for an hour, I definitely used some different muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment