Friday, August 27, 2004

The Political Compass

I stumbled across an interesting web site called The Political Compass. The site includes a 3 to 5 minute questionnaire. Based on your answers, it characterizes your politics economically and socially on the following two dimensional graph:



My results were Economic Left/Right -0.02 and Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -2.10. This yields the following graph:



This site is based in the UK. I have found the supporting information on the site interesting, including one graph plotting the candidates in the 2004 presidential primaries, another looking at significant historical figures and a third examining current world leaders.

My political view of myself has changed over the last thirteen years, but more ramblings on that subject in a future post. I am interested in where other people fall on this scale! Post your results as a comment if you are so inclined...

1 comment:

  1. Andrew---
    Economic Left/Right: -1.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00

    ReplyDelete