Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Vigil

Over the last seven and a half months, I have participated in the RCIA program at our local parish. The process reached a conclusion today. My sponsor and I attended a three plus hour retreat in the morning. The retreat included the Rite of Reconciliation; Jack did his first Rite of Reconciliation in March. After the retreat, there was a rehearsal for the Easter Vigil Mass that lasted over an hour and a half.

I headed back to Church for the Easter Vigil in the early evening. Sharon, Jack, Sharon's brother Tom and his son Eric attended the Mass. As part of the ceremony, about 20 people were baptized and confirmed. Since I was baptized as a baby, I participated in only the confirmation process. The Mass lasted more than two and a half hours and finished up after 10:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment