Saturday, May 06, 2006

Around New York City

After breakfast, I continued north up Broadway to Columbus Circle. I spent some time wandering around Central Park, including The Pond and the Zoo.

I then headed south down Fifth Ave through the Grand Army Plaza. I took a side trip to the MoMA, Museum of Modern Art. I spent an hour and a half wandering through the museum. There was a special exhibition of Edvard Munch which included almost 140 pieces of his work.

Heading back to Fifth Ave., I walked through St. Patrick's Cathedral. Following the Cathedral, I wandered around Rockefeller Center. Further down Fifth Ave., I toured the New City Public Library.

After the library, I started east on 42nd to Grand Central Station. After wandering around Grand Central Station, I continued east on 42nd to the United Nations complex.

At this point, it was after 2:00 p.m. and Nooter was due to arrive at Penn Station at 2:30 p.m. I hurried there and met him about 2:45 p.m.

We headed to the hotel and checked in. After a quick bite to eat, we took the subway uptown to Columbia University. Nooter spent two year attending Columbia in the 1970's. After walking around the campus and a couple of short pub stops, we headed towards the East Village for a late dinner.

From the East Village, we walked south to the Lower East Side. We met Rob's brother Tom at The Living Room. We spent a couple of hours listening to live music.

By the time, we got back to the hotel, it was almost 2 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment