Monday, April 16, 2007

2007 AR50 Elevation Graph

The last three miles of the American River 50 climb almost 900 feet up out of the canyon to the Auburn Dam Overlook. The graph shown below was generated by the Training Center Software from data in my garmin.

click on the graph for a larger version!


I also took the data from the garmin and imported it into Google Earth. This allows me to examine trail from different perspectives. I can voom in and out and rotate the terrain. The view shown below is the last three miles. The first section in the lower left as we left the river was so steep that my right thigh was cramping just walking up it. In the middle of the graphic in the green trail is a red dot. This was the Last Gasp aid station where we stopped and loaded up before tackling the last two plus miles. On the right side of the picture you can see the mess that is the Auburn Dam construction site.

click on the picture for a larger copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment