Tuesday, April 03, 2007

2007 Kings versus Mavs

I went to see the Sacramento Kings versus Dallas Mavericks basketball game. Hunter was planning to go with me to the game, but he canceled on me over the weekend. After casting around a bit, I decided I would just go by myself. Leading by one point at the beginning of the fourth quarter, the Kings lost by a score of 97 to 93.

Dirk Nowitzki missed the game; he was recuperating from food poisoning in a Sacramento hotel. I was disappointed not to see Nowitzki play.

The Kings have dropped 11 of their last 13 games, and their chances of landing the top pick in the June draft are higher than their odds of making the playoffs. They have the NBA's ninth-worst record. If the draft lottery balls were dropped today, they would have a 1.7 percent chance of picking first.

I am convinced that the Kings need to make a coaching change in the offseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment