Tuesday, April 15, 2008

2008 Kings versus Spurs

Dashing away from Jack's baseball game on Monday night, I met Larkin at the Sacramento Kings versus San Antonio Spurs Basketball game, the last home game of the season. When we draw the season tickets, I always try to get both the first and last homes games of the year.

Although the Kings were playing without Artest, Martin or Miller, it was a very entertaining game. Both Garcia and Douby had three point attempts in the last 11 seconds to tie the game, but missed. The Spurs won the game by a score of 101 to 98.

For the Kings, John Salmons was 11 for 19 from the field and 7 for 8 from the line for 29 points. For the Spurs, Tony Parker was 12 from 22 from the field and 7 for 9 from the line for 32 points. I was disappointed that Ginobili missed his third straight game with a strained left groin.

Larkin and I finished the night in the Skyline Lounge upstairs in Arco Arena until they kicked us out.

The Kings had 7 wins and 7 losses in games that I saw in person during the 2007-2008 season. This is an improvement over a 5 and 9 record in games I saw in person during the 2006-2007 season.

I am very encouraged by Theus' coaching and have enjoyed watching the team this year. Even if the Kings can improve further next year, I do not believe that they can make the play-offs in the Western Conference. Nevertheless, our group is going to renew the season tickets for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment