Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Running on the treadmill this weekend, I watched The Good, The Bad and the Ugly as a rental on the AppleTv. Released in 1966, this is the third of Italian spaghetti western films directed by Sergio Leone. It stars Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach in the title roles. The 2002 DVD release includes 18 minutes of footage that was cut from the original North American Release. Including these scenes, the running time is just short of three hours.

I have always been fond of soundtrack to this movie. I included the title song in the soundtrack of my life. Watching all three of the Sergio Leone westerns starring Clint Eastwood (A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) in the last couple months, I realized that my memories are strongest for A Fistful of Dollars. The version of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly that I saw must have been cut down to show in a two hour block on network television.

No comments:

Post a Comment