Sunday, October 12, 2008

Napa Day 1

Sharon and I have made it a tradition to get away for a night or two for our anniversary. Leaving Jack overnight with Drew, we took off for Napa.

After a quick lunch at a deli, we spent the afternoon wine tasting along the Silverado Trail. We made stops at the Black Stallion Winery, Darioush, Robert Sinskey Vineyards and Z D Wines. Sharon is currently a wine club member at Robert Sinskey. Both Sharon and I really enjoyed the Viognier at Darioush and ended up buying a couple of bottles.

We checked in the hotel in St. Helena. We are spending one night at the The Inn at Southbridge. The room was nice (large with very high ceilings), but nothing spectacular.

After getting settled in the room, we wandered down main street. I had forgotten my bike helmet so I ended up finding a cycle shop and getting a cheaper one for tomorrow's ride.

We had late dinner at Redd in Yountville. As she often does, Sharon had lamb, while I had a pork osso boco. We had a bottle of Mary Edwards Pinot Noir with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment